Monday, March 5, 2012

Slowly getting back to normality....

The last month has been full on here with renovating our house inside, and with Damian mostly away in WA working, I have been pretty busy with organising trades and doing the bits and pieces that needed to be done before some trades came in to do their work. We have pulled up the slate floors and replaced them with tiles, pulled out the brick planter at the main entrance and replaced it with a freestanding wall which houses the tv and all of the entertainment system wiring etc., gutted the main bathroom as there was a leak in the shower due to a cracked tile, and completely revamped it, tiled and painted the outdoor bathroom and pool pump house, had the new carpet installed in the main bedroom, replaced the kitchen splashback and cupboard door handles, had all the hallway cupboards and our walk in robe pulled out and replaced with new shelving and lovely new sliding doors, and the house has been painted from 1 end to the other...not bad for under 4 weeks! I am still moving furniture and belongings back in at the moment, so will take some photos once this has been done to post on here. Mum and I also went to a sewing retreat on the weekend, and I have started on a bedroom set to set off the quilt cover I purchased last week, I made a lovely cushion for the centre of the bed, 2 pillowcases, and started on a bed runner to place at the bottom of the bed, and I also made an ipad portfolio case with carry strap, which I can carry like a small shoulder bag. We also had a bit of a challenge during the retreat, and made up a quilt cover out of a jelly roll of fabric,  to see who could do it the fastest...I came in a close second...28 minutes...so it just needs to be given a border, wadding and backing fabric and that's a completed quilt.... I am thinking I may make a table topper and some other items with it instead as I am only wanting to be sewing up practical items that will get used, not things that will just sit in the cupboard...anyway, we'll see on that one. It is raining quite constant, soaking rain here today, it was very hard to get out of bed this morning, as I love sleeping while the rain is falling on the roof and it is dark and cosy...so after all the busyness of the last few weeks and the weekend, I am just going to try and have a plod along day today, and just do a few little things here and there as I feel like them, but otherwise lots of cups of tea, and reading catch ups will be on the cards...

No comments:

Post a Comment